With most people still stuck at home, online presence is more relevant than ever to increase visibility. Here are 5 tips for you!
1. Establish a presence on most social media channels
Other important platforms:
- Soundcloud and Bandcamp
- If you feel ready to release a high-quality recording, look at music streaming platforms such as Spotify or Apple Music. Our co-founder Flo released a series of blog articles specifically on how to release a single here and here
We would also encourage you to give TikTok or Triller a try – they are very popular and might give you a visibility boost!
2. Post regularly and be consistent
- Keep all your information up to date, including new releases and gig schedule
- Write a short but effective bio, with relevant links in it – your latest song, your other social media profiles, your website…
- Pick relevant hashtags – some general ones (ex. #music #emergingartist #upandcoming #newtalent) and some more specific ones, such as your artist name.
- Post visual content – pictures and especially videos increase views.
- Have a consistent format and theme on your page.
3. Engage with the community
- Reply to fans and people commenting under your videos or posts.
- Tag venues and musicians and repost their content – they might do the same for you!
- Reach out to other emerging artists like you. It’ll be a great opportunity to support each other, share each other content’s, perhaps work on some collab, or simply just make friends!
4. Look into SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
- Blogging is great for SEO. On top of that, it’s a good way to communicate with your community by sharing some BTS anecdotes, some music tips or by writing reviews of performances you’ve loved.
- Create your own website. There are plenty of free website builders out there – Wix, Weebly, WordPress…
5. Engage with us at KALAB
- We exist to support emerging musicians, so if you want to learn more about the community, drop us a message! We’d love to hear your music!
- Don’t forget to check-us out at https://www.kalabarts.com/ and @kalabarts on Instagram.
All these tips increases your online presence but also show that you are professional and passionate about your art! Let us know in the comments if you have any other tips for emerging talents!